The Maldives is a paradise on earth, an island to explore and enjoy. There is no doubt about that. But when you plan your trip to the Maldives, you should know the smallest details which can make your travel convenient and smooth. As a traveller, there are certain things one needs to know about the accommodation, flights, can transfers, travel within the city, and much more. It would be best to choose your stay options according to your budget. Many things change upon the fact if you are a budget traveller or you wish to splurge on your Maldives Trip. The tiny details will make your travel convenient and the best you can plan for.
Some of the important Travel Tips:
- Take time planning your Maldives tour, including your stay, places to visit, things to do, and where to eat; as an international destination, you were spending a huge sum in the Maldives, which cannot be wasted due to improper planning.
- Always take care of your identity cards, passport, visa, and flight tickets – keep them handy. As there are hefty charges in case you lose your important belongings. Better is to carry a compact handbag for necessary documents.
- If you don’t want to get stuck managing little things on your whole trip, book an all-inclusive Maldives package and be assured.
- Plan your trip in the November – April season, as it would be pleasant weather, and you will be able to enjoy various water adventures as well.
- Cross-check all your reservations, don’t get fooled by fake travelling agents.
Suggestions for smooth travel:
- Do not burden yourselves with a lot of luggage.
- Take intercity state buses to hop on to your destinations. It will be cost-effective.
- Carry your beach clothes and summer clothes, which will be very useful for you there.
- Do not forget to carry your sunscreen and all appropriate skin creams as you will be travelling to a bundle of beaches and performing various water sports.
- Make a list of all your favourite water activities you wish to do.
- Always plan a day or two of rest days in your travel itinerary. Then it will be a more relaxing and rejuvenating holiday.
- After landing in the Maldives, the first thing you should do is buy a sim card from the airport.
- Learn some basic words and terms of Maldives to connect with locals and hear unique stories.
- If you are celebrating your honeymoon here, decide before where you want to enjoy your romantic dinner dates and get earlier reservations, as slots get booked in no time. If you don’t want hassle, check out this exciting deal for Maldives packages for couple.
Clothing and Culture
One of the favourite destinations among travellers and tourists, Maldives has rich culture heavily influenced by Sri Lankan, Malaysian, Indian, Arab, Persian, Indonesian, and African cultures. The multi-cuisine and traditional Maldivian food – Bis Keemiya, Bashi Mashuni, Garudhiya, Huni Roshi, Saagu Bondibai, and Rihaakuru, music & dance – popularly known as ”Bodu Beru”, and their traditional Clothing enhance the rich culture of Maldives. Men in the Maldives wear a sarong and a white shirt, whereas women wear a traditional libaa.
When on vacation, accommodation is one of the most important parts of trip planning. Plan and book accordingly. Here we present the top 11 accommodation places in the Maldives, you can choose from these.
- Masaree Boutique Hotel
- Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu Resort
- Soneva Fushi
- Vista Beach Retreat
- Coco Bodu Hithi
- Sun Island Resort and Spa
- Paradise Island Resort and Spa
- Hurawalhi Island Resort
- Emerald Maldives Resort and Spa
- Kurumba Maldives
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort and Spa
If you’re looking for a Budget Stay, here are some of the nicest accommodations under budget.
Nika Island Resort and Spa: This resort in the Maldives is best for your budget travel. A perfect stay with beautiful rooms to stay in. The Italian vibes of this resort attract a huge crowd of tourists. If you want to experience luxury on a budget, go for this resort without hesitation.
Masaree Boutique Hotel: Located on Maafushi Island, this is a peaceful location to stay. Book here and enjoy a comfortable stay at Masaree Boutique Island.
Vista Beach Retreat: Located at a very short distance from the Male International Airport, this resort stands high on the list of budget travellers. Each room is special, with a mesmerizing view to behold. Do not have any second thoughts about booking a stay in this resort.
Aveyla Manta Village: Explore the magnificent marine life of Maldives during this stay. You will have access to the beach too, enjoy beautiful sunsets here with your loved ones. This resort offers you a traditional Maldivian Experience.
Beach Villa Ukulhas: This affordable guesthouse is one of the perfect destinations you can choose to stay in. Different varieties of flowers and palm trees enhance the beauty of this guesthouse. If you are someone who wants to stay in a peaceful location, undisturbed by many tourists, then this guesthouse fulfils your wish.
If luxury is your thing, here are the top Island resorts in the Maldives:
- Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu Resort: If you wish to witness the entire and beautiful marine life of Maldives, then book this stay. Catch sight of the mesmerizing coral reefs and beautiful underwater creatures. This stay is just a distance of a short seaplane ride from the main city.
- Soneva Fushi: This is a stay located in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Baa Atoll. This is located on a private island. Explore the resort and its beautiful scenic views. It is an eco-friendly stay where you can enjoy bicycling, swimming, water sports, romantic dinners, and more.
- JOALI Maldives: Enjoy a dreamy vacation in the Maldives and Splurge on a stay at JOALI Maldives. This is a perfect thing to splurge on if you are a luxury seeker. Relax yourselves at their in-house Spa and Wellness Centers. Swim and spot whales enhance your vacation experience to the core.
- VARU by Atmosphere: A beautiful resort with over 108 types of villas you can choose to stay in. Their waterfront villas are too popular and loved among the tourists. You can enjoy a world-class luxurious experience here and get to know about the local culture of Maldives.
- Oblu Select at Sangeli: This luxurious hotel offers you all the luxuries you are looking for in the Maldives. It is located in Male city. You will get exotic cuisine, beautiful rooms with a private pool, private beaches, the best diving locations, a comfortable stay, the best water sports experience, and whatnot.
You know everything that makes your trip to the Maldives a convenient vacation. So what is the wait for? Plan your holiday in the Maldives and enjoy an experience of a lifetime.